Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Eindhoven€4,000 - €4,800 per monthCategory & Product Management
As Category Manager you are responsible for compiling and maintaining the product categories and for managing the Category Team. You ensure maximum value for the consumer, profitability and the added value of Startselect in the chain.
Your first challenge lies in process optimization and structuring the following critical processes:
- Partner management: you standardize the collaboration with our partners (suppliers and brands), so that we can work ahead better, create and utilize more opportunities and Startselect remains top of mind with the partners.
- Campaigns and promotions: you professionalize the collaboration with other teams such as Marketing and Customer Support, so the process runs smoothly and there is as little miscommunication, errors and ad-hoc work as possible.
- Launching new products: you improve collaboration with other teams, so that our time-to-market is faster and more effective.
- Product portfolio management: you develop and implement a way of working in which the Product Managers take actions based on profitability and volume potential.
At a later stage, geographical expansion and broadening of the product categories will also be themes that fit into the Category strategy. As Category Manager, you will have the opportunity to help build various strategic initiatives from scratch. You get a lot of space to leave your mark on the future of the department.
In addition to developing and managing efficient work processes, your main responsibilities are:
- You lead and coach the Category Team, consisting of 2 Product Managers and 1 Product Coordinator. This team may expand in 2023
- You develop the assortment strategy, the pricing policy and the product positioning
- You are responsible for ensuring optimal product availability
- You determine the partner policy, ensure that this policy is in line with the overall commercial strategy and monitor the quality of the implementation of the policy
- You are responsible for supplier contracts and periodically manage and negotiate the conditions
- You visit trade fairs and are involved with large and/or new partners for relationship management or negotiations
- You ensure that our new B2B proposition fits in well with the tasks and responsibilities of the Category Team.
We help consumers worldwide make the most of their free time by selling digital gift cards for gaming, streaming, shopping and more. From our office in Eindhoven we are active in 30 countries in Europe, Oceania, North America and the Middle East. We work directly with renowned brands such as Google, Apple, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Spotify and Netflix. Our customers simply and securely buy a code with their favorite payment method, after which they receive it directly on their screen and by e-mail. No more going to the store or waiting for the postman: Start, Select, Play!
What do you bring into the game?
- At least 3 years of experience as a manager. We pay attention to experience with performance interviews, drawing up annual goals, coaching team members, application procedures, deciding on employment contracts etc.
- At least 5 years of work experience as Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Business Development Manager, Partner Manager or Project Manager
- Experience with implementing, monitoring and improving working methods and processes
- Experience with purchasing, product management and project management within retail or e-commerce
- You have a commercial mindset and are great at convincing and influencing
- A good command of the English language
What do we bring into the game?
- A fulfilling job for 36 – 40 hours p/w at Europe's largest webshop for digital entertainment
- 50 great colleagues who are always up for a game in our game room or a game of table soccer
- € 4.000 - € 4.800 gross per month, depending on your knowledge and relevant work experience
- 8% holiday pay in May & a 13th month in December
- 25 vacation days on a full-time basis and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Good pension scheme where we pay 50% of your premium
- Hybrid working: 2 fixed days p/w at the office, the rest is allowed from home
- Work from home allowance of € 2,00 per day and furniture for your home office
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discount on our products
- Opportunity for personal and professional development, it's up to you to take advantage of it!
- Memorable company outings and free annual entrance to Gamescom: the largest games fair in the world!
Click on the 'apply' button to introduce yourself to us!
Why work at Startselect?
Why should I apply?
Good question! Many colleagues once chose to apply with us because of the industry we're in. The gaming and entertainment industry and therefore our products and services appeal to many people. Another deciding factor is the challenge that awaits them. Your bed is not already made, there is a lot that can still be built up or improved. This triggers people who love pioneering and who can create something beautiful from their specialism. Often, the vacancy, our ambitions and the growth potential of our company fit in well with the wishes and ambitions someone has for his/her next career step.
What makes Startselect unique?
We are more down-to-earth than a trendy start-up, but more relaxed than a tight corporate. With about 50 employees, we are still a relatively small company that is always developing, while the turnover and scope of our business is large.
What's the best thing about working at Startselect?
Helping to build and make an impact. The feeling that you can really contribute to the growth and success of the company. Achieving or creating something that wasn't even there yesterday, keep developing and in the meantime working towards an ambitious company goal together.
What our employees value most is the freedom and flexibility they are given. You get the freedom to develop and implement your own ideas and projects. You decide how you do your work and how you organise it, as long as the end result is good and goals are achieved. And, of course, the great colleagues, pleasant and informal working atmosphere and the team spirit within our teams!
When might working at Startselect not really suit me?
Working at Startselect is not for everyone and that is okay. There are many reasons to start with us, but just as many reasons not to.
You will probably not be happy with us if you have a strong need for structure, rules and stability. If you like to do things 'because that is how we've always done them'. If you don't feel comfortable with the fact that the future of the company is also in your hands. If you work best within a strong hierarchy or like to come to work dressed in a suit. If you prefer to start the first year quietly, with not too much responsibility or big projects. If you find it difficult to show initiative and make things open for discussion. If you actually like the fact that your project and improvement plan first has to pass through three management layers before you can get to work. And if you don't like it that your contribution and work are noticed.