Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsCategory & Product Management
Do you have experience with international relationship management with brands and suppliers? And would you like to do this within the e-commerce industry? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
As Category Manager you are responsible for maintaining and improving our relationships with the biggest brands within the digital entertainment industry. We are also expanding to other product categories, which will allow you to build many new relationships. You are the first point of contact for existing and new partners and ensure that they always enjoy working with us. You will not only seek cooperation within Europe, but also with the regional offices of our partners in, for example, Australia, Canada and Saudi Arabia.
You proactively make proposals to exploit commercial opportunities. You know the goals and challenges of our partners and you know how to convince them to invest in campaigns or promotions with Startselect. Think of obtaining exclusive product and price promotions, but also setting up shared (marketing)plans that are financed by a partner.
We work with monopolists, which means that your power to negotiate is a challenge and you have to be creative to turn a 'no' into a 'yes', without being pushy or dominant in your negotiating style. You always ensure a healthy balance between success for Startselect and the interests of our partners. You communicate intensively with the Trade Marketeer, the marketing team and ensure proper implementation of the agreements made.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Internally you act as a spokesperson and extension of our partners and secure their brand and house style rules. You know everything about the brands and their products and share relevant information with the right colleagues
- You determine the assortment, manage the product life cycle and prioritize the creation of new products
- You determine the pricing strategy and product positioning, both for the standard assortment as for promotions, always with the company goal in mind and in consultation with our marketing department
- Your negotiation strategy is constructive for your position in the cooperation with partners, keeping the long term goals always in mind.
- In collaboration with your colleague Category Manager and the Trade Marketeer, you negotiate a budget (MDF or other form of support) with partners to optimize the product life cycle of our assortment and to strengthen Startselect's unique selling points. You do this on your own initiative as well as on the initiative of our partners.
- You contribute to a planning and streamlined process from the (MDF) agreement with a partner and monitoring the quality of the implementation, until receiving the agreed amount.
You will become part of the Category department, where you will strengthen our current Category Manager.
We help consumers worldwide make the most of their free time by selling digital gift cards for gaming, streaming, shopping and more. From our office in Eindhoven we are active in 30 countries in Europe, Oceania, North America and the Middle East. We work directly with renowned brands such as Google, Apple, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Spotify and Netflix. Our customers simply and securely buy a code with their favorite payment method, after which they receive it directly on their screen and by e-mail. No more going to the store or waiting for the postman: Start, Select, Play!
What do you bring into the game?
- You want to grow in your career as Category Manager and you’re ready for your next step. You have at least a few years of experience as Category/Product Manager, Partner Manager, Product Specialist or Buyer within retail or e-commerce
- Experience with international relationship management
- Affinity for gaming is an absolut plus
- You have strong negotiation and presentation skills, you are an expert in persuasion and influencing
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language
- Your communicative and social skills make you an excellent relationship manager who knows how to achieve a high likability factor with our partners
What do we bring into the game?
- A job for 32-40 hours p/w at Europe's largest online store for digital entertainment
- 50 great colleagues who are always up for a game in our game room or a game of table soccer
- A salary from € 3.100 gross per month for a 40-hour working week (scaling based on relevant knowledge and working experience)
- A 13th month in December and 8% holiday pay
- 25 vacation days on a full-time basis and the option to buy additional vacation days
- Good pension scheme where we pay 50% of your premium
- Hybrid working: minimum of 2 fixed days p/w at the office, the rest is allowed from home
- Work from home allowance of € 2.00 per day and furniture for your workplace at home
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discount on our products
- Opportunity for personal and professional development, it's up to you to take advantage of it!
- Memorable company outings and free entrance to Gamescom: the largest game fair in the world!
Click on the 'apply' button to introduce yourself!
Why work at Startselect?
Why should I apply?
Good question! Many colleagues once chose to apply with us because of the industry we're in. The gaming and entertainment industry and therefore our products and services appeal to many people. Another deciding factor is the challenge that awaits them. Your bed is not already made, there is a lot that can still be built up or improved. This triggers people who love pioneering and who can create something beautiful from their specialism. Often, the vacancy, our ambitions and the growth potential of our company fit in well with the wishes and ambitions someone has for his/her next career step.
What makes Startselect unique?
We are more down-to-earth than a trendy start-up, but more relaxed than a tight corporate. With about 50 employees, we are still a relatively small company that is always developing, while the turnover and scope of our business is large.
What's the best thing about working at Startselect?
Helping to build and make an impact. The feeling that you can really contribute to the growth and success of the company. Achieving or creating something that wasn't even there yesterday, keep developing and in the meantime working towards an ambitious company goal together.
What our employees value most is the freedom and flexibility they are given. You get the freedom to develop and implement your own ideas and projects. You decide how you do your work and how you organise it, as long as the end result is good and goals are achieved. And, of course, the great colleagues, pleasant and informal working atmosphere and the team spirit within our teams!
When might working at Startselect not really suit me?
Working at Startselect is not for everyone and that is okay. There are many reasons to start with us, but just as many reasons not to.
You will probably not be happy with us if you have a strong need for structure, rules and stability. If you like to do things 'because that is how we've always done them'. If you don't feel comfortable with the fact that the future of the company is also in your hands. If you work best within a strong hierarchy or like to come to work dressed in a suit. If you prefer to start the first year quietly, with not too much responsibility or big projects. If you find it difficult to show initiative and make things open for discussion. If you actually like the fact that your project and improvement plan first has to pass through three management layers before you can get to work. And if you don't like it that your contribution and work are noticed.