Content Manager (Teamlead)
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, EindhovenMarketing
As Content Manager, you and your team will raise our content to the next level and help build Europe's largest webshop for digital gift cards.
As Content Manager you are responsible for the timely fulfillment of the content needs within our company and the rollout of campaigns and promotions. Together with your team, you ensure that all content on startselect.com, e-mail, app and social media is appealing, up-to-date and correct.
We can leave the creation and publication of both graphic and textual content up to your team, such as landing pages, category pages, product descriptions, email newsletters, banners, blogs, social media posts, advertisements, images and videos. Your team respects the brand and house style rules of our partners and takes creative freedom when there’s space for it, for example in Startselect (branding) campaigns.
The content department is called upon from all corners of the company. With your project management skills you take care of the inventory of content assignments within our organization and the prioritization, planning, delegation and evaluation of these activities in your team. Your first challenge lies in optimizing work processes and implementing a way to measure (internal) customer satisfaction and the productivity of your team.
You get energy and satisfaction from organizing, delegating and managing workflows. You are systematic, process-oriented and like to get things done, that is why you choose an environment where you can still build a lot and not everything is set in stone. The 'what' is clear, you determine and shape the 'how'.
So what will you keep yourself busy with:
- You lead and coach a team of 5 content specialists (graphics and copywriting)
- You are responsible for all content created and/or published by Startselect
- You develop and manage an efficient work process from content request to creation and publication, in which quality, deadlines and budget are guaranteed
- You build a relationship with (content) stakeholders, think along with the internal clients and proactively manage their expectations
- You take the initiative to make system changes (eg to the CMS) when you deem it necessary and you actively participate in the implementation of projects
We help consumers worldwide make the most of their free time by selling digital gift cards for gaming, streaming, shopping and more. From our office in Eindhoven we are active in 30 countries in Europe, Oceania, North America and the Middle East. We work directly with renowned brands such as Google, Apple, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Spotify and Netflix. Our customers simply and securely buy a code with their favorite payment method, after which they receive it directly on their screen and by e-mail. No more going to the store or waiting for the postman: Start, Select, Play!
What do you bring into the game?
- At least 2 years of experience as a manager. We specifically look for experience with performance management, setting annual goals, coaching team members, recruitment, deciding on employment contracts etc.
- Experience with implementing, monitoring and improving working methods and processes
- Experience in dealing with internal customers and stakeholder management
- You are able to create understanding and support for changes
- Good command of the Dutch language or willing to learn upon employment
- Do you have experience within e-commerce, retail or an online marketing agency and/or have you managed (content) marketers? Then you have an advantage!
What do we bring into the game?
- A full-time job at Europe's largest online store for games and digital entertainment (32 or 36h p/w is also an option)
- 50 top colleagues who are always up for a game in our game room or a game of table football
- € 3.800 - € 4.400 gross per month, depending on your knowledge and relevant work experience
- 8% holiday allowance in May & and a 13th month in December
- 25 vacation days on a full-time basis and the option to buy additional vacation days
- Good pension scheme where we pay 50% of your premium
- Hybrid working: 2 fixed days p/w at the office, the rest is allowed from home
- Work from home allowance of € 2.00 per day and furniture for your workplace at home
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for personal and professional development, yours to take advantage of!
- Staff discount on our products, memorable company outings and free access to Gamescom: the largest game fair in the world
Click on the 'apply' button to introduce yourself!
Why work at Startselect?
Why should I apply?
Good question! Many colleagues once chose to apply with us because of the industry we're in. The gaming and entertainment industry and therefore our products and services appeal to many people. Another deciding factor is the challenge that awaits them. Your bed is not already made, there is a lot that can still be built up or improved. This triggers people who love pioneering and who can create something beautiful from their specialism. Often, the vacancy, our ambitions and the growth potential of our company fit in well with the wishes and ambitions someone has for his/her next career step.
What makes Startselect unique?
We are more down-to-earth than a trendy start-up, but more relaxed than a tight corporate. With about 50 employees, we are still a relatively small company that is always developing, while the turnover and scope of our business is large.
What's the best thing about working at Startselect?
Helping to build and make an impact. The feeling that you can really contribute to the growth and success of the company. Achieving or creating something that wasn't even there yesterday, keep developing and in the meantime working towards an ambitious company goal together.
What our employees value most is the freedom and flexibility they are given. You get the freedom to develop and implement your own ideas and projects. You decide how you do your work and how you organise it, as long as the end result is good and goals are achieved. And, of course, the great colleagues, pleasant and informal working atmosphere and the team spirit within our teams!
When might working at Startselect not really suit me?
Working at Startselect is not for everyone and that is okay. There are many reasons to start with us, but just as many reasons not to.
You will probably not be happy with us if you have a strong need for structure, rules and stability. If you like to do things 'because that is how we've always done them'. If you don't feel comfortable with the fact that the future of the company is also in your hands. If you work best within a strong hierarchy or like to come to work dressed in a suit. If you prefer to start the first year quietly, with not too much responsibility or big projects. If you find it difficult to show initiative and make things open for discussion. If you actually like the fact that your project and improvement plan first has to pass through three management layers before you can get to work. And if you don't like it that your contribution and work are noticed.