Customer Support Employee Webshop
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, EindhovenCustomer Support
Are you solution oriented and do you enjoy keeping international customers happy? Then this is the position for you!
As a Customer Support Employee you put our customers first and love answering their questions about our products, orders and payments. You are motivated to keep improving the customer experience. You remain friendly and helpful, even if the customer does not understand you well and you have to explain it again. Together with your colleagues, you actively work on handling and preventing fraudulent orders.
Our customer service department answers about 7.500 customer questions per month. One thing is certain: you will not get bored! It is up to you to identify problems and frequently asked questions and to come up with new ways to deal with questions more efficiently (for example, by creating content or helping to redesign processes). With your solution-oriented and positive attitude you make our customer support department a little better every day!
Your main responsibilities:
- You support our customers via email, WhatsApp, social media like Facebook and Instagram and our review platforms
- You review online orders, fulfill them and process payments
- You monitor customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity, such as account takeover, transaction fraud or theft of customer data
- You handle chargebacks and disputes and are actively involved in prevention
- You set up initiatives to improve the customer experience
You will work in a team of 6 colleagues. Our customer service is available 7 days a week, but of course you don't have to work for 7 days. We work with an early shift (08:30 - 17:00) and a late shift (13:30 - 22:00). During the week you work 1 or 2 late shifts and the rest are early shifts, in the weekend you work 1 day, this is alternately an early or late shift. You work the late shifts and weekend shifts from home.
What do you bring into the game?
- At least 1 year of work experience in digital customer service through e-mail, chat, social media and review platforms, preferably at a webshop (experience in a callcenter is not relevant for this position)
- Availability to work 1 or 2 evening shifts (13.30 – 22.00) and 1 weekend shift
- Very good command of the English language
- You have a good typing speed and quickly familiarize yourself with software and systems
- You are enthusiastic, proactive and have an eye for details
- You can evaluate risks, make independent decisions, switch quickly and set priorities.
What do we bring into the game?
- A part-time job (24 or 32 hours a week) at Europe's largest webshop for games and digital entertainment
- 50 great colleagues who are always up for a game in our game room or a game of table football
- € 1.900 - € 2,100 gross per month, depending on your knowledge and relevant work experience
- 8% holiday allowance in May & and a 13th month in December
- 25 vacation days on a full-time basis and the option to buy additional vacation days
- Good pension scheme where we pay 50% of your premium
- Hybrid working: combine working from home and working at our office
- Work from home allowance of €2.00 per day
- Travel allowance
- Staff discount on our products
- Opportunity for personal and professional development, it's up to you to take advantage of it!
- Memorable company outings and free access to Gamescom: the largest game fair in the world!
Hit that 'apply' button to introduce yourself!
Why work at Startselect?
Why should I apply?
Good question! Many colleagues once chose to apply with us because of the industry we're in. The gaming and entertainment industry and therefore our products and services appeal to many people. Another deciding factor is the challenge that awaits them. Your bed is not already made, there is a lot that can still be built up or improved. This triggers people who love pioneering and who can create something beautiful from their specialism. Often, the vacancy, our ambitions and the growth potential of our company fit in well with the wishes and ambitions someone has for his/her next career step.
What makes Startselect unique?
We are more down-to-earth than a trendy start-up, but more relaxed than a tight corporate. With about 50 employees, we are still a relatively small company that is always developing, while the turnover and scope of our business is large.
What's the best thing about working at Startselect?
Helping to build and make an impact. The feeling that you can really contribute to the growth and success of the company. Achieving or creating something that wasn't even there yesterday, keep developing and in the meantime working towards an ambitious company goal together.
What our employees value most is the freedom and flexibility they are given. You get the freedom to develop and implement your own ideas and projects. You decide how you do your work and how you organise it, as long as the end result is good and goals are achieved. And, of course, the great colleagues, pleasant and informal working atmosphere and the team spirit within our teams!
When might working at Startselect not really suit me?
Working at Startselect is not for everyone and that is okay. There are many reasons to start with us, but just as many reasons not to.
You will probably not be happy with us if you have a strong need for structure, rules and stability. If you like to do things 'because that is how we've always done them'. If you don't feel comfortable with the fact that the future of the company is also in your hands. If you work best within a strong hierarchy or like to come to work dressed in a suit. If you prefer to start the first year quietly, with not too much responsibility or big projects. If you find it difficult to show initiative and make things open for discussion. If you actually like the fact that your project and improvement plan first has to pass through three management layers before you can get to work. And if you don't like it that your contribution and work are noticed.