Grafisch Vormgever (tijdelijk)
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Eindhoven€2,200 - €2,500 per monthMarketing
Do you know how to convey a strong commercial message with visual content? And does the world of e-commerce and games appeal to you? Then quickly read on!
We are looking for a Graphic Designer who can replace our colleague during her maternity leave, it’s a temporary position during 6 months: from January 1st to June 30th 2023.
As a Graphic Designer, you create and publish visual content for Europe's largest webshop for digital entertainment! We can leave the design of banners, social media posts, newsletters, landing pages, category pages, product pages and advertisements up to you.
Your designs immediately attract the attention of our customers and entice them to make a purchase or promotion. You learn everything about our products and partners and you can effortlessly put yourself in the shoes of our target group. You actively look for visual inspiration and the latest trends and releases within our industry. Together with your colleagues, you proactively respond to current events, releases and holidays.
Last-minute changes don't faze you, you feel completely at home in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You respect the brand and house style rules of our partners and take your creative freedom when there’s room for it. You are good at planning, prioritizing and delivering within deadlines, posting your content after the release of a game is not an option of course.
We operate in 30 countries, so a lot of visual content needs to be localized. You receive the correct texts from our external translators and then get to work on the localization designs.
In summary, you responsibilities will be as follows:
- You design striking and conversion-oriented visuals for all campaigns and promotions on our webshop, e-mail, app, social media and blog
- You localize designs with the right texts for all 30 countries in which we are active
- You create pages in our Content Management System and fill them with content
- Together with the content team, you think about campaigns that appeal to our target group and ways to visualize them
- You take a critical look at the visuals on our website and improve or update them where necessary
- You work according to the brand guidelines of both Startselect and our partners
You become part of the content team within our online marketing department. Within your team you work together with colleagues with a focus on visual and textual content, but also with your colleagues from partnerships, social media, email marketing and SEO. Together you make a worldwide impact and build on the growth and success of Startselect!
We help consumers worldwide make the most of their free time by selling digital gift cards for gaming, streaming, shopping and more. From our office in Eindhoven we are active in 30 countries in Europe, Oceania, North America and the Middle East. We work directly with renowned brands such as Google, Apple, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Spotify and Netflix. Our customers simply and securely buy a code with their favorite payment method, after which they receive it directly on their screen and by e-mail. No more going to the store or waiting for the postman: Start, Select, Play!
What do you bring into the game?
- A degree in graphic design, media design or communication
- At least 1 year of work experience in a similar position, preferably within e-commerce or retail
- Experience with creating online content in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and working with a CMS
- Good command of the English language
- Do you also love games and do you have up-to-date knowledge of (developments in) the gaming industry? Then you have an advantage!
What do we bring into the game?
- A temporary employment contract for 36 – 40 hours p/w at Europe's largest web shop for digital entertainment
- 50 top colleagues who are always up for a game in our game room or a game of table football
- € 2,200 - € 2,500 gross per month, depending on your knowledge and relevant work experience
- 8% holiday pay in May & a 13th month in December (you receive this in proportion)
- 25 vacation days on a full-time basis and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Good pension scheme where we pay 50% of your premium
- Hybrid working: 2 fixed days p/w at the office, the rest can be done from home
- Home office allowance of € 2.00 per day and furniture for your home office
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discount on our products
- Opportunity for personal and professional development, up to you to seize it!
- Memorable company outings and free entry to Gamescom: the largest games fair in the world!
Click on the 'apply' button to introduce yourself to us! We look forward to receiving your motivation letter, resume and portfolio.
Why work at Startselect?
Why should I apply?
Good question! Many colleagues once chose to apply with us because of the industry we're in. The gaming and entertainment industry and therefore our products and services appeal to many people. Another deciding factor is the challenge that awaits them. Your bed is not already made, there is a lot that can still be built up or improved. This triggers people who love pioneering and who can create something beautiful from their specialism. Often, the vacancy, our ambitions and the growth potential of our company fit in well with the wishes and ambitions someone has for his/her next career step.
What makes Startselect unique?
We are more down-to-earth than a trendy start-up, but more relaxed than a tight corporate. With about 50 employees, we are still a relatively small company that is always developing, while the turnover and scope of our business is large.
What's the best thing about working at Startselect?
Helping to build and make an impact. The feeling that you can really contribute to the growth and success of the company. Achieving or creating something that wasn't even there yesterday, keep developing and in the meantime working towards an ambitious company goal together.
What our employees value most is the freedom and flexibility they are given. You get the freedom to develop and implement your own ideas and projects. You decide how you do your work and how you organise it, as long as the end result is good and goals are achieved. And, of course, the great colleagues, pleasant and informal working atmosphere and the team spirit within our teams!
When might working at Startselect not really suit me?
Working at Startselect is not for everyone and that is okay. There are many reasons to start with us, but just as many reasons not to.
You will probably not be happy with us if you have a strong need for structure, rules and stability. If you like to do things 'because that is how we've always done them'. If you don't feel comfortable with the fact that the future of the company is also in your hands. If you work best within a strong hierarchy or like to come to work dressed in a suit. If you prefer to start the first year quietly, with not too much responsibility or big projects. If you find it difficult to show initiative and make things open for discussion. If you actually like the fact that your project and improvement plan first has to pass through three management layers before you can get to work. And if you don't like it that your contribution and work are noticed.