PHP Back-end Developer
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Eindhoven€3,200 - €3,900 per monthDevelopment
Do you have what it takes to keep millions of monthly visitors happy with our e-commerce platform? And do you feel at home in the world of games and entertainment? Then we would like to meet you!
Your gaming field / Your position|
As a PHP Backend Developer you ensure that our e-commerce platforms continue to function optimally and get better every day. You will work on an in-house product that is used by millions of customers worldwide. There is a lot of diversity in tickets to pick up and during focus sprints you and your colleagues dive into a piece of the stack that will be improved or work on a brand new part.
In addition to your tasks, you can spend 10% of your hours each week on personal development. You have the freedom to learn something new or to work on something for which there was no time or place in the sprints. You are motivated to keep learning and want to use your specialism to contribute to the growth and success of Europe's largest webshop for digital entertainment.
In summary, you are involved in the following:
- You translate the specific requirements and specifications of the business into IT solutions
- You develop, test and debug in the context of the implementation of new applications or adjustments to existing applications
- You ensure that you respect the development, planning and deadlines, while you guarantee the quality of the delivered solutions
- You support the delivered software and applications and provide support for new releases in production.
- You actively participate in obtaining and exchanging (new) knowledge in your field with your colleagues.
Your team players
Working at Startselect means variety, freedom and independence in an organization that is always developing and changing. You will become part of a close, self-managing SCRUM team with 6 colleagues who are always up for some good jokes or a game of table football.
We help consumers make the most of their free time by selling digital games, in-game credits, gift cards and subscriptions. From Eindhoven we are active in 30 countries and we work directly with renowned brands such as Google, Apple, PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, Spotify and Netflix. Our customers simply and securely buy a code with their favorite payment method, after which they receive it directly on their screen and by e-mail. No more going to the store or waiting for the postman: Start, Select, Play!
What do you bring into the game?
Medior or Senior level, at least 4 years of work experience with:
- PHP 7.3+
- A PHP framework such as Laravel and/or Symfony
- High-traffic and high performance applications
Nice to haves
- CSS Frameworks (eg SASS)
We have coin if you have wares
- A full-time job at Europe's largest online store for games and digital entertainment (36 hours is negotiable)
- 50 top colleagues who are always up for a game in our game room or a game of table football
- € 3.200 - € 3.900 gross per month, depending on your knowledge and relevant work experience
- A 13th month in December
- 25 vacation days on a full-time basis and the option to buy additional vacation days
- Good pension scheme where we pay 50% of your premium
- Possibility of hybrid working: 2 fixed days p/w at the office, the rest is allowed from home
- Work from home allowance of € 2.00 per day
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working hours
- A business laptop and free choice in development tools and software
- Every week you can use 10% of your time on your personal development
- Annual visit to Laracon.eu with your fellow developers
- Staff discount on our products, memorable company outings and free access to Gamescom: the largest game fair in the world!
Click on the 'apply' button to introduce yourself! It would be great if you could add a code snippet or give us access to a public repository where your work can be viewed.
Why work at Startselect?
Why should I apply?
Good question! Many colleagues once chose to apply with us because of the industry we're in. The gaming and entertainment industry and therefore our products and services appeal to many people. Another deciding factor is the challenge that awaits them. Your bed is not already made, there is a lot that can still be built up or improved. This triggers people who love pioneering and who can create something beautiful from their specialism. Often, the vacancy, our ambitions and the growth potential of our company fit in well with the wishes and ambitions someone has for his/her next career step.
What makes Startselect unique?
We are more down-to-earth than a trendy start-up, but more relaxed than a tight corporate. With about 50 employees, we are still a relatively small company that is always developing, while the turnover and scope of our business is large.
What's the best thing about working at Startselect?
Helping to build and make an impact. The feeling that you can really contribute to the growth and success of the company. Achieving or creating something that wasn't even there yesterday, keep developing and in the meantime working towards an ambitious company goal together.
What our employees value most is the freedom and flexibility they are given. You get the freedom to develop and implement your own ideas and projects. You decide how you do your work and how you organise it, as long as the end result is good and goals are achieved. And, of course, the great colleagues, pleasant and informal working atmosphere and the team spirit within our teams!
When might working at Startselect not really suit me?
Working at Startselect is not for everyone and that is okay. There are many reasons to start with us, but just as many reasons not to.
You will probably not be happy with us if you have a strong need for structure, rules and stability. If you like to do things 'because that is how we've always done them'. If you don't feel comfortable with the fact that the future of the company is also in your hands. If you work best within a strong hierarchy or like to come to work dressed in a suit. If you prefer to start the first year quietly, with not too much responsibility or big projects. If you find it difficult to show initiative and make things open for discussion. If you actually like the fact that your project and improvement plan first has to pass through three management layers before you can get to work. And if you don't like it that your contribution and work are noticed.