Affiliate & Partnership manager
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsMarketing
As part of the Recharge family, at Startselect we're on a mission to make levelling up consumers' gaming experience with prepaid products super easy. We provide consumers around the globe with instant access to digital gift cards for all their favorite games and more. 45 of our team, from different nationalities, are based at our hub in Eindhoven. We serve customers in over 30 countries around the world by partnering with top-tier brands like Google, Apple, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo and Steam.
As part of Recharge the group's 150 strong team are on course as a group to generate €750 million in annual sales as we continue to grow and expand, supported by our strong backers Prime Ventures, Smartfin, Committed Capital and BlackRock who equally believe in our mission.
But to grow further we need to continue to grow our team and that is where you come in. This is your chance to join an ambitious scaleup; one that will push you to develop yourself and help you create a real impact in your role. If at any point your brain screams “I want in!” while you’re reading this, then consider this the sign you’ve been looking for and hit apply!
You can find out more about our culture and team at company.recharge.com or follow us on Instagram at @LifeAtRecharge.
As Affiliate & Partnership Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the growth of our ecommerce platform through strategic affiliate marketing and partnership initiatives. From initial negotiations to the execution of campaigns, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire lifecycle of affiliate partnerships.
A collaboration that showcases our current collaboration is Klarna, a prominent financial services provider. In this collaboration, we integrate with Klarna's app via which they get a commission on sales. Looking beyond Klarna, your role extends to optimizing and expanding our international affiliate partnerships. Collaborations with major players such as ING, Revolut, and future partners are part of your strategic initiatives. Through these collaborations, you aim to unlock new channels, broaden our reach, and solidify our position in the market.
What will I do?
- You will be the affiliate and partnership expert for Startselect and the wider Recharge group by attending key affiliate events and actively expanding your network in the industry
- You will develop (together with the marketing manager) and execute the affiliate strategy.
- You will identify and add prospects, creating partnerships and negotiating price agreements with established brands.
- You will be owning the affiliate and partnership roadmap and fostering strong relationships with partners and affiliate networks.
- You will be designing, executing, and monitoring affiliate campaigns.
- You will analyse the affiliate traffic
What you have
- Analytical skills.
- Hands on, take initiative.
- Results-driven mindset with a focus on achieving and exceeding key performance indicators.
- Need to have
- Proven experience in affiliate marketing and partnership management
- Excellent communications skills (English), both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Ecommerce experience
- International and entrepreneurial mindset
- 3 to 5 years experience within affiliate or partnership management
- Nice to have
- Gift card experience
- Familiarity with digital gaming and industry trends.
- Experience with affiliate networks like AWIN, Daisycon and CJ Affiliates
What we offer
- A job for 40 hours p/w at Europe's largest online store for digital entertainment
- A competitive salary
- 13th month of salary
- Great colleagues who are always up for a game in our game room or a game of table soccer
- 25 vacation days on a full-time basis and the option to buy additional vacation days
- Good pension scheme where we pay 50% of your premium
- Hybrid working: minimum of 2 fixed days p/w at the office, the rest is allowed from home
- Work from home allowance and furniture for your workplace at home
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discount on our products
- Opportunity for personal and professional development, it's up to you to take advantage of it!
- Memorable company outings and free entrance to Gamescom: the largest game fair in the world!
- Apply: Want in? Let us know! Apply for a role and help us get to know your best self.
- Phone interview: One of our recruiters will get in touch to help you both understand if Startselect is the right next move for you.
- First interview: You’ll meet with your future line manager (either in person or online) to talk about you, our culture, and whether you're a fit for the job.
- Assignment & Second interview: Some roles involve a case study. Great! It’s your chance to shine and show us you have what it takes. You’ll present your case study to the Hiring Manager and someone from the team
- Third Interview: You’ll meet with key members of the management team
- Offer: You did it! There are only a few tickets available, and this one has your name on it. Welcome to the team.
Why work at Startselect?
Why should I apply?
Good question! Many colleagues once chose to apply with us because of the industry we're in. The gaming and entertainment industry and therefore our products and services appeal to many people. Another deciding factor is the challenge that awaits them. Your bed is not already made, there is a lot that can still be built up or improved. This triggers people who love pioneering and who can create something beautiful from their specialism. Often, the vacancy, our ambitions and the growth potential of our company fit in well with the wishes and ambitions someone has for his/her next career step.
What makes Startselect unique?
We are more down-to-earth than a trendy start-up, but more relaxed than a tight corporate. With about 50 employees, we are still a relatively small company that is always developing, while the turnover and scope of our business is large.
What's the best thing about working at Startselect?
Helping to build and make an impact. The feeling that you can really contribute to the growth and success of the company. Achieving or creating something that wasn't even there yesterday, keep developing and in the meantime working towards an ambitious company goal together.
What our employees value most is the freedom and flexibility they are given. You get the freedom to develop and implement your own ideas and projects. You decide how you do your work and how you organise it, as long as the end result is good and goals are achieved. And, of course, the great colleagues, pleasant and informal working atmosphere and the team spirit within our teams!
When might working at Startselect not really suit me?
Working at Startselect is not for everyone and that is okay. There are many reasons to start with us, but just as many reasons not to.
You will probably not be happy with us if you have a strong need for structure, rules and stability. If you like to do things 'because that is how we've always done them'. If you don't feel comfortable with the fact that the future of the company is also in your hands. If you work best within a strong hierarchy or like to come to work dressed in a suit. If you prefer to start the first year quietly, with not too much responsibility or big projects. If you find it difficult to show initiative and make things open for discussion. If you actually like the fact that your project and improvement plan first has to pass through three management layers before you can get to work. And if you don't like it that your contribution and work are noticed.